What is Adult Education?
Adult education is defined as the teaching and education catering to the development needs and requirements of adults. Adults from all over the world benefit from adult education. One of the benefits of adult education is that it can take place in a variety of different settings. Adults can pursue their education online or through different colleges and universities across the US. Adult students can either enroll in traditional classroom environments or enroll in specialized adult education degrees that are customized and have few students.
Why do adults enroll in adult education degrees and classes?
Here are the top three reasons why adult education degrees are extremely beneficial to the adults:
- Knowledge: There is no age limit in the quest of knowledge and sagacity. People of all ages learn various things from different people every single day. Majority of adults enroll in adult education programs simply to acquire new knowledge. These are adults that have retired or are looking for a new career path.
- Enhance the professional career: Many of the adults in the adult education degrees are already professionals in different fields and segments of the market and are looking to enhance their careers by learning new skill sets and applications.
- Enjoy the college and learning environment: Many of the adults like to keep on enrolling in various adult education classes to be continuously involved in the educational environment. Majority of adults that enrolled in the adult education degrees do not have an accredited degree.
Adult education degrees
Adult Education degrees and programs come under the school of education of the colleges and universities across America. Adult education degrees build education and work experience of teachers to educate adult students. Students that graduate with Adult Education degrees work in classroom environments where adults are given priority.
Teachers that teach adults have a completely different mindset as compared to the teachers that teach high school or college students. Students who believe that they can educate and encourage adults should only apply for adult education degrees. People with a passion to teach, have strong interpersonal skills and love to work with diverse populations are the people who should be enrolling in adult education degrees.
There are numerous Adult Education degrees available in the market. The main adult education degrees are as follows:
- Associates degree in Adult Education
- bachelors degree in adult education and higher learning
- Masters degree in Adult Education
- PhD programs in Adult Education and other specializations specific to adult learning
Almost all the community colleges and junior colleges across America have accredited courses that lead up to an adult education degree. Many of the Adult Education degrees also require the students to go through internship programs at various schools and colleges and become spectators in adult learning environments.
Online adult education degrees are now being pursued by a large community of professionals.
Frequently Asked Question(s)
Q:What courses will I be required to cover when completing a Bachelor adult education degrees?
A:The syllabus for Bachelor of Adult Education degree is comprehensive and aims to cover every topic in detail. Some of the courses included in this program are Interpersonal Communication, Theory and Motivation, Effective Verbal Presentations, Educational Psychology, Introduction to Sociology, Organizational Communication, Adult Learning and Training Perspectives. Students with the help of this degree can find themselves employed to both federal and private institutions.
Q:What kinds of courses or topics does an adult training degree cover?
A:This depends on the type of degree program that you are enrolling in. Say, if you were going for a Master in Adult Education and Human Resources, then you will be qualified to train and instruct adults with regards to health related education, emergency medical services, corporate training, athletics coaching, outdoor education and teaching English as a second language.
Q:Institutes are typically offering adult education degree programs at what levels?
A:Adult education degree programs are usually offered by institutes at all levels of post-secondary education. Although the program offerings may vary from school to school, you are most likely to find associate degrees in adult education, bachelor degrees in adult education, masters degrees in adult education, and doctoral degrees in adult education.
Ask your Question
* All Fields are Required