Find Now

Master in Social Services

You can pursue a rewarding career by earning a Master of Social Services degree. This program includes a number of options such as:

  • Master of Arts in Human Services
  • Master of Public Administration
  • Master of Social Work

You can choose a particular program depending on your individual career objective. Once you earn a Master of Social Services degree you can work for federal and local governments or not-for-profit agencies and receive competitive salaries.

Featured Programs

The Scope of Master of Social Services Programs
Master of Social Services degree programs are offered by campus based as well as online colleges. These degree programs require 1 to 3 years to complete. You can choose to earn a master’s degree in human services, public administration or social work. Depending on your choice of a program, the course work for a Master in Social Services program may include subjects such as:

  • Evaluation techniques
  • Raising funds for nonprofit organizations
  • Organizational behavior
  • Public administration finance
  • Public administration planning strategies
  • Addictions abuse
  • Social work for schools
  • Careers

There are a number of careers that you can pursue once you earn a Master of Social Services degree. You can work in government agencies, nonprofit organizations, schools, hospitals or mental health facilities. Depending on your area of specialization, you can work as:
  • Community program administrator
  • Agency director
  • Grant writer
  • Social services development specialist
  • Human resources manager
  • Social worker
  • Trade school counselor
  • Human services specialist

Frequently Asked Question(s)

Q:What is the duration of the accelerated master in social services?

A:The Master In Social Services is generally a two year graduate program. However it can be completed in less than two years. Students can get enrolled in the accelerated master in social services and complete the degree in 18 months. Students of the accelerated programs are not allowed any semester breaks or holidays during the course of their education.

Q:What are the different program options available for masters in social services?

A:A number of options are available for you if you wish to go for masters in social services. A master's degree in social services allows you to go for human services, public administration, social work, and many more. You can go for a particular program depending on your career objective.

Q:Where can social workers work?

A:Social workers help people cope with a number of different problems in their lives. As such, the scope of their job is diverse, they are employed in a number of different settings. In 2012, there were about 607,300 held by social workers in the U.S. 31% of them worked in hospitals, 21% worked in ambulatory health care services, 15% worked in nursing and residential care facilities, and 13% provided social assistance. (Source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics)

Ask your Question

* All Fields are Required
Call Now(877) 721-2529